samedi 30 avril 2016

23 Things Canadians Are Truly Proud Of

23 Things Canadians Are Truly Proud Of

It’s been found that Canada has some of the most prideful people in the world. So, last week, we asked fellow Canucks “what makes you most proud to be Canadian?“

Here’s what they revealed as their source(s) of pride:
1. “We are very accepting, not as judging, and overall very polite.”

2. “I’m a proud Canadian because when I walk into a store, someone’s already holding the door for me.”

”[…and] because when I hold the door for someone I’m instantly greeted with a smile and ‘thank you’. Being Canadian is so much more than toques, lumberjacks, and say ‘eh.’ You’re just bred awesome, and taught to respect elders and always be polite eh?”

3. “Our hospitality, hospitals, and our likeability.”

4. “We are accepting of others — no matter their race, culture, religion, or sexual orientation.”
“I’m proud to call Canada my home. We have a large, diverse, and very beautiful, landscape. I love our society in general.”

5. This man’s story:
“While wearing a shirt that said ‘Canada’ in a McDonalds in Berlin, a lady came up to me and asked if I was Canadian. After saying I was, she asked if I could look after her CHILD while she went to stand in line. When she saw the look of confusion she simply said, ‘You’re Canadian, I know I can trust you.’”

6. “Our diversity.”

“I’m proud to be Canadian because of our diversity. We have people who come from all over the world and are proud to call themselves Canadian as soon as they come here.”

7. “That we are smart enough to ban guns, not Kinder Surprises.”

8. “The value of education.”

“Teachers’ pay is similar to that of doctors […] longer maternity leave, allowing families to actually like each other.”
And another friendly reminder that Canada consistently comes out as the number one most educated country in the world.

9. “When we travel abroad the resounding thing we hear back is “Canada. It’s a GREAT place!”’

“and it’s said with a smile :).”

10. “We gave the world William Shatner.”
11. “Everyone seems to love everyone, and we have amazing landscapes and wildlife.”

12. “We have most of the population of wild bears, maple syrup…

13. “A very peaceful country with a low crime rate.”


This person also adds and counterbalances that “although the cost of the living has risen, wages seem pretty stagnant, employment prospects are pretty bleak… I think once you have secured one of those well protected jobs, life can be pretty sweet.”

16. “The fact that although we are all proud of our awesome country, we don’t shove it in anyone’s face.”

17. “I’m proud to be Canadian because we so vigorously resist being defined as just one thing.”

“…engaging with the tremendous diversity of this country requires a genuine respect for all human dignity and appreciation of others. It’s the only way to make the vastness of Canada work.

18. “If the worst ‘insulting’ stereotype you can throw at me is that we’re too polite and we say ‘sorry’ too much, well, I think that says it all.”

19. “That we’re not American.”

20. “I’m just proud not to be American if I’m being honest. Yay Canada!” -samanthah53.

21. “That we are not America.” -Jacob Pacyga.
22. “I live in the country that everyone loves - and that I’m not American.” -Flobee Buzzin.
23. 
“1. Better beer
2. Rachel McAdams
3. No Nancy Grace
4. Health Care
5. Having an intelligent stance on gun control. 

6. Literally just not being ‘Murican”


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More